1.04.2010

2009 Questionaire...

I should have posted this on New Years Eve... but O well!  
We were too busy partying :)  Leave it to the Laneys!


2009 survey


1.What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? 
I'll get back to you on that one? Or take better note in '10...

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really ever have legitimate New Year's resolutions.  Every year there are several things I want to improve about my life... normally when I come to the realization I begin my goal pronto.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, My sister had a little girl. My beautiful Niece, Hannah Grace.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes! Not only did we lose "human" family but we lost our ferret of 8 years too....

5. What places did you visit?
Seattle for Women's Retreat '09, Virginia Beach, Myrtle Beach, Charleston (for Richie's Memorial), Knoxville... I am sure we visited many other places too... I just can't remember them all!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Financial security!?  I don't know that this is a realistic statement...

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
hmmmm.... Halloween?  It was a pretty good date!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Stuck on this one?  I have made so, so, many small achievements ... but can't recall a ginormous one?

9. What was your biggest failure?
The easy way out of this one... would be that we all learn from failure... so I wouldn't call any bigger than another!  The honest answer would be...that I didn't work harder to have a better relationship with my sister (which I desperately long for).  I intend on making that my biggest priority this year & plan on it being my biggest achievement for 2010...

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? 
SHEESH... I can't think of a year that I... or someone else in my family has not suffered an illness.... Yes definitely!

Too many to count :)


11. What was the best thing you bought?
Fresh on my mind is the "Popcorn Hour" for my Husband... I don't agree but that would totally be his answer!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
??? Laney Mays.. after her first week at puppy class???

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Tiger Woods?

14. Where did most of your money go?
And the Winner is split between.... Avian and Exotics Vet & Bowman Animal Hospital

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Booking my trip & going to San Francisco to see my girlfriends in March!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
The shot song!  It haunts me every Sunday morning :)  After a party at the Laney's

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) Happier or sadder?
Happier
b) Thinner or fatter?
Fatter! 11 pounds to be exact.. I am going to do better next year.
c) Richer or poorer?
I would say richer, Michael would argue.. Poorer financially speaking.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercised!!!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I could name quite a few things... shopping, consuming alcoholic beverages, staying up too late, procrastinating...

20. How did you spend Christmas in 2009? 
We went "home" & spent 7 full days with our nephews, nieces, siblings, & parents!  It was a wonderful holiday.  Michael and I both acknowledge everyday how lucky we are to have such flexible jobs that allow us to spend ample time with our family!

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Well, funny that you ask... I fell in love with many things this year...

I fell "farther" in love with my husband this year!

I fell deeply in love with my new niece this year!

I fell giddy in love with my new puppy this year...

Overall, It has been a year full of LOVE!


22. What was your favorite TV program?
The bachelor, 24, Prison Break, Sons of Anarchy, Criminal Minds, CSI, SVU.... I could go on and on...

23. What did you do for your birthday in 2009?
I have NO IDEA!?  Can someone help me out with this one?

24. What was the best book you read? 
It is embarrassing... I didn't make it through a single book this year... I started & continued reading many on the list from 2008.

25. What did you want and get? 
Do Uggs & a Hobo count?

26. What did you want and not get? 
Nothing.... I feel so lucky & know I have received much more than I deserve!

27. What was your favorite film of this year?
Does Michael's Birthday video count?  It rocked my socks off & reminded me why I love my husband sooo much!  That video is in a vault now & will never surface again.

28. Did you make some new friends this year?
I made many WONDERFUL new friends this year.  This was probably the biggest blessing of the year!

29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nortel resisting bankruptcy!

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Blah! I was in a fashion rutt this year!

31. What kept you sane?
My HUSBAND & our "middle man" Adina.

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jillian off the Bach.. ridiculous, I know!

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Obama taking office in the White house & added to my frustration the great health care debate.

34. Who did you miss?
My Nanny. Terribly.

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Trusting the lord more than I have in the past!...I have really struggled emotionally since 2005 when my dad was injured. This year I made a commitment to myself (and my husband) that I was going to work harder on accepting the plan God has chosen for our family.  Included in this... was that I was going to teach myself to worry less, stress less, roll with punches (sp?) easier, & live with the present (however it may be).  I still have a LONG way to go.. but have proven to myself that I can live much happier knowing that even when anxiety is brewing God has a plan for my future & it is okay to not always know his reasoning :) !



If you feel.... the urge! Copy & paste, fill out, & share the link in my comments once you are finished with your own version of 2009 @ a glance!

1 Comment:

The Donley's said...

I did it!!!! You know where to check it out! HAHA- can I add See Rebekah to my 2010 goal list???