2.25.2010

Yum. Yum.

We were on the road for several hours!

Still trucking along with no snags...
So, we were pleased!
But wait.

My husband has this love affair with Pralines...

O, and beer.

Well, maybe I should rephrase.. 
anything super sweet & terribly unhealthy :) 
It is a wonder we are not little round beach'd balls.

He spoke of them... 
& didn't have to do any twisting of the wrist 
to convince my dad (the master of specialty sweets) to stop the car!

Before I knew it... 
We were taking a little detour to the River Walk in Savannah, Ga...
So that we could grab lunch with some friends 
& get my hubby some...
Praaaaalines!


A pretty sweet place...

Michael had a flight of beer, & I had my favorite Whitt beer..


(anyone that is a *r.l. (real life) friend knows about


& well the Whitt is what got me!)

For lunch, I had the Lowcountry Crab Melt...
Grilled Texas toast topped with fresh (real) blue crab in a mayonnaise-based salad and Monterey Jack cheese, smothered with a creamy Parmesan sauce and baked to a bubbly deliciousness!

 Next, we made our way to the River Street, wandered around, 
& then visited River Street Sweets!



 

  

 




 

 

We Walked out of the shop with about 10,000 more calories...
A box of Pralines, Some Bear Claws & Sugar & Spice Pecans.
Laney sure enjoyed the sugary, sweet, smells!


Next stop, Jacksonville Beach, FL!

To Be Continued...





$9

0 Comments: