2.21.2010

Too many things..

I might have to just start a list...

Or better yet,  
I might do a post a day this week... 
on our previous fun adventures.

We'll see how it goes.

So, two Mondays ago, we visited family in Hickory.  
My husband's grandmother passed away on Sunday two weeks ago. 
We got the news on Sunday morning & 
the services were planned pretty quickly.  
Michael's grandmother had Alzheimers 
& for many years we have been 
unrecognizable to her.  She has been non-verbal 
& in a regulated home for almost 6 years now.  

Her death was completely unexpected, 
but in a way was such a relief.  
We feel so much comfort knowing 
that she is now in heaven & in a much better place. 
Although, we hate seeing family members & friends 
under those circumstances...
it was great getting to spend time with family... 
we normally only see on Christmas eve.



We intended on trekking to Hickory on Thursday night 
so that My dad could take my husband to the Race in Daytona.  
To save on gas & the stress of traveling I-40 
multiple times in one week...
we decided to stay in town with my parents.

I always LOVE getting to spend more than a weekend there.  
To top off the excitement of a little break from work, 
spending time with mom & dad, & being out of Raleigh for a little... 
I got to spend a rediculous amount of time with my niece & nephew.  

It was heaven! 
Not that I wished sickness on my sister... 
but she had a respiratory infection while we were in town.  
The downside..., 
we didn't get to spend ANY TIME with her or our b-i-l,... 
but, we did get to take the kids off their hands for a couple of days 
& wake up to their sweet little voices.


We enjoyed bath time, morning cartoons, snacks after school, family night suppers at church, movie nights, lots of laughs ... 
 
Overall good quality time 
& so much food for my soul.


I think from the looks of it... 
Hannah loved it & her Aunt B. did too!

It was just what I needed!

7 Comments:

Mrs. Mama said...

So sweet! Just came across your blog... new follower :)

Globetrotting Gamine said...

haha i love that last picture- so cute!

glad i found your blog :)

take care,
mg

*whosthatgamine.blogspot.com*

Sarah Frills4Thrills said...

My husband's grandpa just died last week and we went to his funeral this last weekend too. Although it was sad and a bit unexpected, it was still great to spend some time with family and celebrate his life with the one's that were closest to him : ) It's a lot easier knowing that they're in a better place.

And oh my goodness.. your neice is absolutely precious! those blue eyes are stunning! sounds like you had a fun time with her.

I'm Sarah by the way, just stopping by from another blogger friend of ours : )

monica said...

YOUR NIECE IS THE CUTEST THING EVER! I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE A NIECE/NEPHEW TO SPOIL ROTTEN.

LOVE YOUR BLOG. WE HAVE A COUPLE OF THE SAME BLOG FRIENDS.

CAN'T WAIT TO FOLLOW ALONG WITH YOU AND READ MORE!

MONICA

Kelly Marie said...

Sounds like a great visit with the parents! I love when I get to watch my niece, it really makes everything seem amazing. I could be in the worst mood & just seeing her I feel better (:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Your niece is too cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you found mine!

Haven and Home said...

Sometimes that is just what you need! So cute!