2.15.2010

Gentlemen....


Start Your Engines...
This weekend, My dad & Michael went to the Race in Daytona.  
Yes, it is was on Valentine's Day...  I know! 

You see 28 years ago... 
My dad started this tradition of leaving my  mom on not only Valentines day...
but, February 14th  just so happens to be their Wedding Anniversary as well.  
Where do you think he went?
You guessed it!  

For the entirety of their marriage...
He has gone to the Daytona 500 to spend time with his guy friends.
She is one Lenient wife!  He is one CrAzY huband.

This year my dad decided to include my husband!  
It all started by my dad pulling my husband aside one Sunday afternoon & saying,
"Can you convince Rebekah to let you get away on V-day?"

He had it in the bag.
You see, last year....
I spent Valentine's Day in Seattle with my best girl friends.
Of course he could get away with it one year.

I am afraid though, that this is going to become a recurring trend!!

I enjoy spending Valentine's with my husband... 
but I think it is so important for my husband 
& his father-in-law to spend time together. 
We live a couple hours away  from our parents so
that doesn't get to happen very often.

I think we both felt kinda privileged for Michael 
to be included in this yearly trip...
How special it was that my dad enjoys being around him 
so much that he would want to drive 9 hours in the car 
& a whole weekend at the race track together.
Even with his business buddies, Wow.

It is a really great feeling to know that my parents 
care as much about my husband as they do me!
Actually, it is wonderful to know that they think of him as a son!

I know, without a doubt that we are LUCKY!

They have one more "once in a lifetime memory" down in the book!
& we  are so thankful for the relationships we have with our loved ones.


1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have left you a little something over at my place if you get a little time. Hope your having a great day! xoxo