12.14.2009

Christmas came early in the Laney house!

Here is a short play by play....  

On Thursday,  I heard a really loud schriek outside.  I was very concerned it was an animal possibly having an unfortunate run in with a vehicle.  I yelled quickly... having Michael take a peek out the window from his "hiteous gold man chair".  I got the all clear that nothing was wrong... I also go the voice of excitement!  I heard with a giddy voice "It's the Fed ex truck".  I was unaware that we were waiting on a package.  Before I knew it Michael was sprinting down both flights of stairs... practically knocking aside anything in his way to meet the fed ex driver and receive THE package.   He soon returned upstairs with a VERY LARGE BOX.  

You see we haven't celebrated Christmas with each other in 4 years I believe.... So I was definitely not expecting to hear that it was my Christmas/ Birthday present when I asked what was in the box . 
  I instantly got excited... it was a pure surprise!  

After a few seconds of looking at the boring brown box (with no outside labels to hint the contents)... Michael said "either you are going to have to leave for work NOW, or you are going to have to agree to open your Christmas present a couple of weeks early because I can't stand the suspense.

Without much pressure I gave in .... & instantly opened the box.  I was very surprised to see what was inside the box!  It was a beautiful new digital slr camera.  It wasn't just any camera either... it was A BROWN digital camera!



I am stoked.  I cannot wait to learn to use our new toy.  I have dreams of photographing our precious nieces and nephews, beautiful scenery, and in general our daily doings.  You see I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY....   and by no means do I have any talent on the subject matter.  But if it matters I have always envied talented artist!  I could sit for hours looking through "photo journalism".  I hope that I will soon be able to better record our precious memories & maybe even learn a little technique or two to go along with it.


Here are a few more pics of my new beauty!














2 Comments:

Unknown said...

good...you just became the official photographer for Christmas! Better start learning! I suppose you could say in a way that you are "channeling" J.D.

kristin said...

Amazing... I know you are loving it! You have such a great eye and you will have a blast with this SLR!!!