11.20.2009

Show Us Your Life.. Pets Version!





Today, Kelly's Korner... one of my favorite blogs is hosting "Show us your life- pets version".  I can't pass up the opportunity to share with you our constant glimmer of sunshine (but before I do that... I have to show you my first true love).  Growing up, my parents always allowed me to have a pet (which always ended up being 2 cats)... Oh how I adored our many kitty cats!  My sister has suffered with allergies and asthma her whole life so our pets were always outside animals that got the priveledge of sleeping indoors at night.  Just recently we lost our last set of kitty cats to old age.


Having outdoor pets was always somewhat of a challenge to me.  I never felt like I could play with or love them enough because they were always running in the wilderness (not to mention came home stinky, smelly, & covered in dirt from there daily adventures).





When I went to college at the University of Tennessee I was determined to get a "furry friend" that could be an inside pet.  I wanted someone to accompany me on the long road trips home & keep me company when I was lonely at school.  My husband (boyfriend at the time) thought the best pet for me would be a ferret!


One summer day we drove to Kathy Rd. in Morganton, NC to a rescue shelter and picked up what would become the love of my life!  Fender was his name.  He was a malnourished, one and half year old sable ferret that needed lots of love and attention & that was exactly what he got.
For the next 7 years our family had many experiences with Fender.  He traveled along with us on all our vacations, he met all our new nieces and nephews & taught them to care for pets, Fender was the best blessing I could have ever asked for.  In times of need when our family's future was very uncertain... Fender was ALWAYS there!  Over a year ago Fender was diagnosed with Isulinoma Cancer and was given little time to live.  I was devastated!  For the next year fender thrived with a little help from his Cancer medicines and lived out a very LONG, HEALTHY LIFE.  The lord took our little Fender in March of this year.







I don't know if I will ever reach the point that I can resist tearing up
at the thought of not ever getting to love on my lil' Fen again....
I do know though that someday we will meet again over the rainbow!  


Recently,  with lots of encouragement, My husband agreed to let us get a new pet!





Let me introduce you to our Little Pocket Beagle Laney May.  Laney is now 6 months of age & 8lbs. and more than likely almost full grown.  We picked Laney up on July 27th, 2009 at the Delta Airlines counter at RDU.  Laney was delivered to us from Anderton's Little Beagles in Alabama.  She was a beautiful little 2lb. bundle of joy!  We instantly fell in love with her.  We pray that Laney will be a HAPPY & HEALTHY little beagle for years to come & we have the opportunity to celebrate many good times with her!




0 Comments: