9.01.2011

Our end of summer trip to PA!

On November 3rd last year I promised I would post more details on "my latest" project clearly that was so last year but, it has taken me a little time to decide to sit down and blog.  So here I am, better late than never has always been more the trend in my life philosophy.

In August my team (my endearing husband, bf Bethany
& her Red Headed Best Friend, aka. Dan) took a trip to Pennsylvania.
We visited a few darling little towns along the way 
before reaching our final destination Fogelsville, Pa.

We stayed a night at the Bear Creek Mountain Resort in Macungie, PA, where we spent the evening chowing down on pizza, playing corn hole, and celebrating the guest of honor's upcoming nuptials!  We then made our way into the quaint little college town, Kutztown, PA
where the girls took care of wedding to do's &
the guys made a stop at the famous Marks sandwich shop.  
My husband has yet to get over the Philly he had at Marks 
& tries often to find re-makes here in NC with no such success thus far.


Our final destination was to the historic Glasbern Country Inn
in Fogelsville, PA.  This adorable inn is where
we would watch our best friends' Sarah & Greg marry 
after 19 years of dating their childhood sweethearts!  
What a sweet weekend it was...


Sarah had been living & working in South Africa for the year prior to her wedding so she entrusted me to help her plan her big day weekend.  What faith she must have had in me (the most anxiety ridden person I know) to plan her forever wedding with her forever man.  I will be forever grateful for the experience and it has spawned into an all out love for event planning in the past year!


August 21st, 2011 marked the one year anniversary of
Sarah & Greg's Wedding Day...
But this date was also a very significant marker
for many other accomplished goals!
On this day a year ago, our friends Bethany & the Red Head (Dan)
shot their first paid wedding for our dear friends...
what an accomplishment it was to see the results
of their hard work pay off!  Now, they are incredibly talented,
full fledged wedding photographers, living and working in Boston.  

To see more details of our wonderful weekend
in Pennsylvania as well as...

* Sarah & Greg's Wedding
* My first event planning gig
which is now a design business~ Modern Swank Designs
* & Our friends' photography business
visit this link on bethanydanblog.com

~ All photos by Bethany & Dan Cox ~
"Photography so fresh, you'll want to slap it!"

1 Comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It sounds like you've been staying busy and having fun!