4.14.2010

Pink, Black, and a Splash of Zebra!


If you have been following my blog for a while... 
You probably remember when my computer died!
Crashed, bit the dust, blew up in flames.

Well, not literally... 
But enough trouble and heartache that it is still hindering
Speedy photo editing & relatively quick blog posting.
Those two terms, now completely NON- EXISTENT.

I made several promises right around the time that my computer,
Well, BLEW... 
That I have not followed through with. 
Most of those promises relating to mmm... posting pictures!

I have been working on those promises & I am almost ready to 
Get patient and Wait on the hour glass to spin for hours...
 You know the little annoying one on this P.O.S. Mac...
That spins everytime it is thinking, or TIRED!

My only comment on that is... 
Wouldn't it be nice if we could just spin 
While we are in the middle of very important task,
While on the job... that is.

Before I begin with the task of catching up,
I have to share with you what we have been up to.


My WONDERFUL Mother turned
SIXTY!!
On March 27th, 2010


That's right.. you read that correctly!

For all of the other big years like,..
"Lordy Lordy looks who's Forty"...

You know those years that are normally prefaced 
With silly little rhyming quotes...
All of those have been Overlooked.

My sister and I thought it was 
HIGH TIME...
To Throw a BIG PARTY!

We did just that... 
In a hot minute, 
You know, because we are a very busy family...
We planned a fun surprise party for my mother!


We invited her closest friends and family.
We made cute decorations, 
Had  southern BBQ, the fixins, 
Sweet tea & lemonade catered!
 & had a fabulous time!


Thanks to all of our *IRL  
(in real life friends),
That came to celebrate 
An awfully special occasion 
With us!

Here are some pictures from our
BIG SURPRISE!!!




Mom, 
We Love You... 
More than we could ever express with words!

14 Comments:

Unknown said...

What adorable decorations! Ya'll did a great job!

Tinabelle27 said...

So pretty! I love it. You did a beautiful job. Miss you.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That party looks like it was fabulous!! Nice job!

Southern Reflexions said...

Found you through Megan's blog, and I am in LOVE with those pictures...I am obsessed with zebras...What a great party!! Your blog looks fun; I look forward to following; meeting new bloggers is lots of fun!! Great post about your niece and nephew as well!! You remind me of my sister-in-law...She's absolutely crazy about her niece and nephew which just happen to be mine...ha ha!! ;o) I am an aunt to one nephew and a doggy niece and can't wait to be an aunt again someday!! :o)

Unknown said...

your blog is super cute!
what a fun bday for your mom!!

thanks for becoming my newest follower :o)

i'm gonna link up to you on twitter too

@jenngetts

A Wedding Story said...

What a fun party! The color scheme and designs of everything look amazing! You have given me ideas for my mom's 50th bday party!! Thanks! :)

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

It turned out GREAT!

Valerie said...

Looks like a fabulous party. I love all the pink decorations! Happy Birthday to your mom.

xo
Valerie

amy (metz) walker said...

I love all the party pics and decorations. You did a great job!

By the way, my head is just now clear enough to stop by and thank you for the sweet words you left on my blog after we lost Cooper. It's been a rough couple of weeks, but the words of encouragment, prayers, and support during that time have been amazing. Again, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Great post! Just stumbled across your blog and love, LOVE it = ) New follower and just wanted to say hi. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

HOW FUN! I love this party; put together flawlessly!
the best part is that it's with family you love
Katherine

Unknown said...

I love it all! The invitations are precious! It all came together so well.

Resisting Perfection said...

How sweet of you to throw your Mom a big party! Fabulous decorations too!

Lana said...

I love all of your decorations! Everything looks so good!